Call for demos and tutorials
Download the call for demos and tutorials:
Conference theme: Getting ready for the unexpected.
Information Systems for Crisis Management in a complex and uncertain world
Conference dates: May 24-27 2015
Venue: Centre for Integrated Emergency Management / University of Agder.
CALL FOR DEMOS AND TUTORIALS
DUE DATE TUTORIALS:
November 21 2014
DUE DATE DEMOS:
January 30 2015
Through the demonstration track we invite submissions on demonstrations of real-world, applied-and-tested technologies, procedures, methods and tools that help improve crisis response in an increasingly complex and dynamic world.
The aim of the tutorial track is to provide conference attendees with an introduction to current research in a specific area of crisis response, focusing on technologies, procedures, approaches, methods and/or tools. We invite tutorial proposals that will benefit a diverse audience of academics, practitioners and policy makers. We are interested in applications that will enable participants to take away keys lessons and knowledge that can be applied and reused in future activities. These lessons may focus on a specific or interdisciplinary area, on novel or fast growing directions, and will offer significant practical insight.
- Tutorials should offer an opportunity to learn about state-of-the-art concepts and techniques and allow presenters to share their expertise with the community.
- Tutorials should not be used as a marketing tool for a specific application.
- Preference will be given to applicants whose tutorials utilize open source or otherwise freely-available technologies, and can be installed on participants’ machines without requiring licenses
- Tutorials are encouraged to be as interactive as possible. They should not be structured as a paper-based mini-conferences with long talks and short discussions. They should promote interactivity and active participation from the audience, including innovative activities such as developing code, practical exercises, challenges, brainstorming, etc.
- Tutorials can be either a full day (7 hours) or a half-day (4 hours).
- Please submit applications using the form at http://goo.gl/forms/1E3485FYw7 by the required date.
- Tutorials applications will also be accepted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 21, 2014.
- Demonstration applications will also be accepted via email at email@example.com by January 30, 2015.
- Organizers can choose between either a half-day (up to 4 hours) or a full-day (up to 7 hours).
- Participants who register for tutorials will be asked to pay 500,- NOK (1000,- NOK for non members) per half-day offering to ISCRAM2015 to cover coffee breaks, lunch and space/AV support.
- All participants must also be registered for the overall ISCRAM2015 conference (single day registration counts).
- Organizers may make an additional request for additional fees from participants if there are any materials involved in the tutorial. Organizers may not earn any money for themselves or their organization through this process.
- For every 10 paid registrations per offering, one organizer will receive a free ISCRAM2015 registration.
- Please use this proposal form below for any type of event that you would wish to organize at the ISCRAM2015 Conference. We envisage preconference workshops, demonstrations or tutorials/discussion workshops.
- Please contact either: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you would like advice or further details before completing the proposal.
Tutorials & Demos Chairs
Ole-Christoffer Granmo, University of Agder
Vitaveska Lanfranchi (K-Now)
Hayley Watson (Trilateral Research & Consulting)
Tim Clark (Milcord)