Call for workshop proposals
Download the call for proposals for workshops:
CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR WORKSHOPS_ISCRAM2015
Conference theme: Getting ready for the unexpected.
Information Systems for Crisis Management in a complex and uncertain world
Conference dates: May 24-27 2015
Venue: Centre for Integrated Emergency Management / University of Agder.
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
November 21 2014
Emergencies are characterised by their “un-ness” – … “unexpected, unscheduled, unplanned, unprecedented and definitely unpleasant” (Crichton 2003) – they are unexpected and unknowable in their specific unfolding. However good plans and scenarios may be, uncertainty is a defining feature in emergency events.
Workshops offer an informal environment for attendees with common interests and diverse perspectives to engage in rich discussions around works in progress or new areas of research and on challenges and solutions driven by practitioners and end-users.
Through this conference theme we invite submissions on workshops focusing on the technologies, procedures, approaches, methods and tools that can be employed to improve crisis response in an increasingly complex and dynamic world. Creative and critical reflections are welcome.
Being a Workshop Chair
As a Workshop chair, you
- Define areas of particular interest for ISCRAM and in relation to the Conference Theme
- Communicate with prospective authors
- Solicit and read paper submissions
- Recruit reviewers for your paper submissions
- Manage the review process in your workshop, enforcing deadlines and selection of papers
- Final planning of workshops with agenda and printing of papers for attendees.
- Moderate your workshop at the ISCRAM conference on May 24, 2015
Submission of proposal
To submit a proposal, please use the template: ISCRAM2015 Call for workshops template
Submit your proposal by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 November 2015 5pm GMT.
The workshop selection process is competitive and a limited number of workshops will be accepted. Criteria for acceptance are relevance to the conference and this year’s theme, topicality, significance, ambition and quality.
Important Dates for ISCRAM 2015 Workshop Chairs
- 12 December 2014 Notification of acceptance
- 02 March 2015 Final date for acceptance of workshop papers
- 24 May 2015 Workshop at ISCRAM
We look forward to receiving your workshop proposal.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Jose J. Gonzalez, University of Agder and Jan Håvard Skjetne, SINTEF